View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 03:52 PM   #105
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
I know Lawson had really good shooting numbers, but as someone who watched him play a lot in college, I can't help but wonder how his shooting will translate to the NBA. He kinda has goofy form on his shot. So I wonder if he'll be able to hit the NBA-range three as well as he did the college range three, especially going against the better athletes he'll see in the NBA.

And I know size isn't everything, but if you are a sub six-foot point guard, I think you need to do two of three things really well in order to be a good player in the league: pass, shoot, and finish. Even though it will be interesting to see if he can do it against the bigger guys in the NBA, he's so quick and strong that I think you can check finish off that list. He's a good passer, but not an exceptional one (although he does take care of the ball very well, he always had an exceptional A/TO ratio). The shooting will be a question mark, maybe he can still succeed in spite of his weird form, but I still think it's a bigger question mark than his numbers might indicate.

That being said, it might sound like I'm bagging on the guy, but I'd be thrilled to get him. I don't think he has a lot of bust potential, and if his shooting works out, he might turn into a nice little starter in this league (he'll always be a defensive liability, but he can make up for it on the offensive end).
His jump shot is lacking, but when you can carve defenses like this, does your jump shot have to be exceptional? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVIyl09XvIo

You are completely right though, that his jump shot is his biggest question mark. I've read his fluidity on pull-up and pick and roll jump shots are lacking.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote