View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 01:19 AM   #27
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
I don't think it makes basketball sense to trade him. But, it looks like the owner does not care about the basketball part when owning a basketball team right now.
Sarver isn't thinking basketball, he's thinking about avoiding the LT and saving money where he can. Apparently Amare and management just can't get along, Marion was a malcontent there and at some point Amare was as well. Will Shaq leaving fix that or is what looming ahead make him more aggressive in wanting to get out.

The Shaq deal didn't do this at all but I think one reason they could think about trading Amare is straight up starting over. I don't see Nash sticking it out there past this coming season...they could look at trading him for a pick and maybe a pretty serviceable PG. Amare could still net you some future picks and etc.
They clearly aren't thinking basketball right now, just regrouping. They took a chance and it didn't work and they're over their budget.

Amare is just gonna be willing to wait around and see what Phoenix does? Shaq leave, Nash leave...that sounds good, riiiight. He'll probably WANT to bolt with everyone probably on their way out.

For Phoenix, it would be time to actually KEEP those picks and just try to start over and reorganize your franchise.