View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 11:17 AM   #2013
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Howard/Stack/Damp for Carter doesn't even add up financially - that trade can't happen (and I doubt Cuban is going to let Thorn rape him again...)

I think JET/Stack for Vince Carter is the only deal our FO would realistically entertain (unless they believe in addition by subtraction and offer Howard...)
You're right, and I should've been more specific in what I meant. I figured that they'd do something like combine VC with with some other garbage contracts in exchange for actual talent, although after looking it seems like the only somewhat large contracts that they have are Devin Harris (which hoopshype doesn't list his contract amounts) and Bobby Simmons.. Two players that I don't see them trading to the Mavericks.

I wasn't meaning to list that as a trade scenario, I was just listing the players that I think would be involved (at least 2 of our 3 most valuable chips).

Quote:
If you're worried about using too many trade chips on one player, then stay away from Amare & Butler...

Rip works, but I'm not sure how desperate Detroit is to shed salary at this point...
Another one of those situations where I wonder what's going on in Phoenix. People make it seem like they just want Amar'e out ASAP and they definitely don't seem to have saved any money ($1m) in the Shaq trade so maybe they'd be more open to it than people realize.

I don't know, I go back and forth from the link provided to me earlier regarding NBA salaries, hoopshype, dallasbasketball, random sports sites, and this just trying to get my bearings as to what the true possibilities are. I'm not meaning to make it sound as if I'm a know-it-all or anything, I just don't see the Nets giving up Carter without somewhat comparable talent in return (Howard), and I don't see that as being a huge upgrade for the Mavs.

[edit] Case in point: I wasn't aware that the Suns saved $4m through one of the contracts not being fully guaranteed. I'm just in for the ride and an occasional post when I have something to say (or when I've been up since 6 slamming energy drinks, such as the case today ).

Last edited by Justin Credible; 06-25-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote