View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 12:14 PM   #2032
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

Does anyone really think that we can get a worthwhile center for Damp's contract? It seems like it would be a silly trade for just about any team to take on $23m (from hoopshype) for Dampier to downgrade their Center.

Also, from the chat today with Eddie Sefko:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Credible
Is there any factual evidence to the rumors that Detroit is looking to free up some cash? If so, what do you think the chances are of pulling Rip from them for something like a Stack/s&t Bass kind of deal? Also, what do you think the validity is to the Mavs just trading for more picks as to have more trade chips?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Sefko
I love it when somebody makes sense like this. The Pistons have loved Bass for a long time. And, as best as I can tell, they're trying to get their payroll down to zero, plus whatever Rodney Stuckey's making.
So, yeah, this deal should have legs. Rip Hamilton isn't perfect. He's got that stupid free throw ritual of dribbling out to his side. But he's not a bad gunner who would be a bigger Jet. If the Mavericks could actually get more shooters, things might look a little brighter in the paint for Dirk, Bass and Howard.
Is this true? Has Detroit been eyeballing Bass for a while now? If so then I think that we definitely need to make a strong run at them for someone in a stack/s&t Bass scenario.

Last edited by Justin Credible; 06-25-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote