View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 10:56 PM   #33
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by foglemann View Post
So what would you call the packages that Orlando and san Antonio gave up. Close to magic beans to me.

I'm not pretending to know what Philly is looking for and neither do you. Brand was signed to a max contract in the last offseason. And Philly was much better without him last year. If they want money off there cap, stack is one of the last salary dump options out there.

In your proposed trade, your adding too many pieces to be realistic. I think it would be very likely that the sixers would be glad to rid themselves of brands guarenteed contract.
in milwaukees situation, they are trying to resign sessions and charlie v. for new jersey, its all about 2010. the 76ers aren't in that situation. if they execute this trade, they are purely blowing things up for 2010. they aren't in any kind of financial distress so comparing philly to nj and the bucks is an apples to oranges comparison.

given that, i do think the mavs would have to give up more than a pile of bad knees and expiring contracts to make a deal happen and since the mavs don't have picks or an overwhelming amount of talent, they'll have to do it the old fashioned way (ala NVE, Juwan Howard, LaFrentz) and that is absorb some bad contracts..
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote