View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 10:47 PM   #11
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Uh, am I alone in thinking that Artest may not jive with the Lakers? I didn't watch a ton of Lakers games other than the playoffs, but I always thought Ariza was pretty good for the role he was in, and it sounds like he is gone. Maybe he's just one of those contract-year type of players, but I kind of liked him.

Artest is a guy who is going to take his shots, and some of them will be head-scratchers. I can't see Kobe being thrilled with a player like Ron, who isn't really an efficient scorer, taking shots away from him. And while Gasol has been pretty good taking a backseat to Kobe at times on offense, is he going to be as willing with Artest? And if he is, are the Lakers really better off if Artest is taking shots away from Gasol?

On paper it sounded like a good move, but the more I thought about it, the more I began to wonder about it.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote