View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 12:18 AM   #130
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
That's absolute fact. No doubt. You could also say the same about Ryan Hollins, but I don't think anyone's clamoring for him to start (other than SMC).

I'm just trying to temper expectations, more than anything. Expectations are a big reason why Damp is so underappreciated around here. Let's let young Gortat come in with manageable expectations, no? (Assuming he comes at all).
I, myself, have very high hopes but I can maintain a sense of realism. He's been in a different system than we run. I think he's headed in the right direction to be a pretty talented guy. It's just going to take some time to adapt. Damp as the safety net is very good short-term insurance, but the intention def. seems to be that Gortat is being groomed as our future Center. His skill-set though can translate into a new system, what he does is what Carlisle and Donnie preached that we needed in a bad way.

If I'm Carlisle on Day 1 of training camp and they're both here: Damp it's yours right now, but it's still an open competition.