View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 12:24 AM   #137
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
The current situation is that Gortat is basically a guy coming off his rookie season and has played more than half an NBA game only a handful of times.

So the idea that Gortat is, as of July 3rd, 2009, a better starting center than Dampier is ridiculous (in my opinion).
This analysis ignores the other side of the equation, for starters. It recognizes that Gortat is on his way up, as you concede below in your post. What it should also do is recognize that Damp is on his way down. At some point, a lower guy (which I know you think Gortat is) who is on the way up is going to pass an upper guy who is on the way down. You are claiming that this cannot possibly happen before next season.

Quote:
What I will concede is that on July 3rd of 2010, Gortat may have proven himself capable of being a starting center on a playoff caliber team, and established himself as a better option for the Mavericks.
Ah, so now you have given us a timeframe. By next year, the upward-downward paths will have crossed.

Quote:
That is NOTHING like claiming you know what the outcome of a coin flip is. Your analogy there was terrible.
I guess the coinflip is whether Gortat surpasses Damp THIS year or NEXT year. You think it won't be this year, to the point where you bang your head against a hard surface, potentially endangering your health. I hope you see by now how foolish this is.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote