View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 12:19 PM   #2
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
The week of July 15-18, I'm trying to find a quiet relatively secluded place to meet a friend of mine for a sort of intervention.

He's been pretty depressed about some things so I've offered to find and finance about a 4 day getaway. I want it to be in a pretty area, not too crowded and has some fishing, some boating (canoeing, or other) but mostly I plan on spending the majority of the time walking, sitting and just talking.

I don't know the austin area well, so I thought that maybe someone might have some suggestions. The last time I did this with someone else it was up at hot springs and was just a 8-15 room motel (with separate little bungalos). That worked out really well.

I'm not looking for anything fancy or anything that has a bunch of nightlife, but someplace that is not so secluded that we could not get in the car in a half-hour or so and find a restaurant or something.

Any thoughts? It could also easily be 2-3 hours outside of austin, in fact that might be nicer. The more scenic the better imo as I expect just seeing some nice scenary will be a help.
Depending on how fast you drive, I hear the Mavs FO is pretty quiet this time of year.

Also it's nice what you are doing. More friends should be like that.