View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 01:30 PM   #49
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
That's what it looks like we're doing - between Gortat and our draft picks, we have a lot of players with a lot of upside but a lot to prove... Throw in whatever we can get for Stack/LLE and I think we're done for this summer...

If you're looking at a ring in 2009, then this offseason could be seen as a failure, but if the plan is to let LA/Cleveland/Boston battle it out this year and see what we can get in 2010, then developing these guys and adding strong role players over the next season might just pay off...

Dirk's peak probably has a 2-3 year window - it might be wiser to build toward 2010 in hopes of getting a big name (or any other players shed by teams going after a big name) than it is to try to force a win this season...
I know it hurts like hell for you to say that, but it's probably the route to take unless that chip gets you something massive. Either that or they have a ton of faith in a Gortat/Hollins duo to where you use the Chip AND Damp to get you a big fish. I don't think that's the stance they would take, they'll be patient on Damp.

Every year the goal is to win a ring, you just have to keep taking steps to get there. If 1-2 of those younger guys pan out (which I think will), then you've set yourself up well. The goal is definitely to be right there in 2010, we just have to see if it happens.

You just keep climbing up, it doesn't have to be big chunks at a time, you just can't slide down. We already knew the Lakers, Cavs, Boston and Spurs would all be at the top...can we not slip from where we were last season and keep going up?

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 07-03-2009 at 01:31 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote