View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 05:25 PM   #38
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
Far from the year of his MVP level game. For those who think last year was close to his best I gotta disagree big time.
Dirk's MVP year-

24.6 ppg/.502 fg%/.416 3pt%/.904 ft%/8.9 rpg/.7 spg/.8 bpg/ 2.14 TO/2.20 PF/36.2 MPG

Far from the year of his mvp level game??? Pretty damn similar actually. Sure his percentages were down a bit, but I think you can attribute that to his supporting cast being the crappiest it's been in recent years rather than any physical decline on his part. Dirk hasn't lost a step, and you don't have a leg to stand on.

Edit: For the record, I'm not saying that last year was Dirk's best, but to suggest that there has been any kind of noticeable decline in his game is just silly. He's got several all-nba level years left in him, because the game he plays nowadays is one that favors longevity. It's not like 04-05 when he charged to the rim with no regard for his own well being. These days it's all pump-fakes and turnaround jumpers. Not terribly taxing physically.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 07-12-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote