View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 12:05 PM   #73
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
50 wins is overachieving?? Dude, c'mon. I don't think you can accuse a team of overachieving when they were clinging to the eighth seed for most of the year.
I thought the Mavs won about 10 games last season that they should've lost. They overachieved. They're record against teams above .500 was horrible before the all star break. I'm not sure what it ended up being but they clearly had problems beating teams with winning records. And i've never seen a contender lose so many games by 20+. And some of those losses came against teams like the Bucks. Not to mention Josh missed a significant amount of time. I never once got the sense that this team was a good 50 win team. But maybe 50 wins means nothing in the NBA anymore.But I remember there was a time when that meant you were a contender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
And it's not overachieving when 50+ wins happens nine seasons in a row.
I disagree. If we had the same roster we had in those 9 straight seasons I would get your point. But this isn't the team that went to the Finals 3 years ago. They overachieved. How else can you explain how this team has two 1st round losses and a 2nd round exit the past 3 years? Unless we're just a regular season team.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote