View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 02:26 PM   #1541
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
interesting gortat article!!
possibility of firing donnie over this??
idk whats your thoughts

http://www.star-telegram.com/287/story/1486673.html
No way, you fire him if he gives Dirk the max when he's 40. Everyone knew there was risk to this signing. They had to play by NBA rules, Gortats a restricted FA, Orlando has 7 days to match any deal, this is one of the reasons why these types of contracts are rare. If I remember the Warriors signed up Turiaf a year ago in similar fashion. Currently the Jazz are on the clock with Millsap. But like I said before most of this information is media driven, then further driven when Bass signed with Orlando, why does a non tax payer open up it's purse strings to sign a backup center and a power forward....rather than giving their combined salary to their 2nd best player in Hedo? The risk is we lose him and lose out on players like Sheed, Artest, Ariza. Well if the media wants to play the game, they should monitor the Gortat trade watch....if he goes to Houston for Ariza, then I think Stern would have to step in.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote