View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 02:22 PM   #18
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Cool,

So if it's okay with you let's call 4) Getting your own place.

So you now have 4 factors:

1) EMT Training/Cert
2) Income
3) Possible "NEW" offer
4) Getting your own place

Now you have something to work with.

The trick with all of this is taking some level of the emotion out of the process and simply take a step back to see what the logic facts are around each, specifically to get each accomplished as you best see fit.

My first question: What priorities do you have the 4 items ranked?

Long and short of it, if getting your own place is more important than EMT Cert, then you may need to explore different options regarding EMT Cert...on the other hand, if EMT Cert is more important, then you may need to see what options you have getting your own place...basically, which one can wait...if at all.

If both are equally important, what do you need to get them accomplished...is it money, is it time, is a job, is it a location...the details if you will.

What are you options? With this question, give yourself permission to explore anything and everything...no matter how wacky it may be.

I'll give an example, I've had a client who was struggling with weight issues and she was at a block on where to get started. So we brainstormed some ideas...during our brainstorm we hit stuff like, diet, exercise, join a gym, personal trainer...and out of the blue we talked about video games...ultimately we got to the game "Dance, Dance, Revolution"...now my client was also a Grandmother and all though the idea was a joke to lighten the moment, she wound up selecting it as a starting point. She felt that she could play the game with her (at the time) young grand kids, ultimately giving her the opportunity to be active and have quality time with her grandkids.

She has gone on to other actions and changed her lifestyle to have a more active and healthy life...but it started with simply a desire and then a bit of a goofy idea that turned to be exactly what she wanted to do...and thus because she wanted to do, it was easier for her to stay motivated and follow through on her goal to get healthy.

The same applies with what you are sorting through. Explore the options, brainstorm ideas...heck brainstorm ideas on each topic...get with some friends/family and have fun with creating a list.

Best of success to you as your exploring the next step...I'll check back periodically, however I am traveling next week and may or may not be on-line during my trip. I'm certain that the many opinions on this board will serve you well in your search.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote