View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 09:39 PM   #289
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball View Post
I started doing the p90x workout. After doing weight lifting for about 4-5 months I felt like I hit a plateau, but I started doing this and after 3 weeks I feel like I am down 1/2 to 1 pants size. This stuff combines cardio with strength training. Since I have bad ankles (basketball injuries), it is hard for me to do running for long period of time.

Also, have any of yall taken any dietary supplements? I started taking Omega 3-6-9 fish oil. I am also looking into taking a diet pill to speed along the weight loss process.
http://www.consumerpricewatch.net/ looks like a pretty good website to follow and I am thinking about buying the Lipofuze.

What are yall's thoughts?
Yeah, stay away from diet pills. Most diet pills seem to be either dangerous or ineffective. Fish oil is great for a number of reasons so keep up with that although I wouldn't go for some 3-6-9 formula. Honestly you really don't need any extra Omega 6 fatty acids, there's plenty of them in the American diet, which is part of the reason fish oil (which is an Omega 3 fatty acid supplement) helps with so many problems. The average American has an out of whack Omega 6 to Omega 3 fatty acid ratio, and the Omega 3s in fish oil help balance that out. So I just stick to the regular fish oil pills that I get at Sam's, about 10 bucks for 400 (or something like that).

The best thing for losing weight is just a diet with lots of lean sources of protein and fresh green veggies (you can add some other stuff depending on how slow you want to take it, just remember not to add too much because the goal is to lose weight!). Exercise is good and should be part of the equation, but it's a lot easier to create a big caloric deficit through diet than it is through exercise. As for exercise, just find something you can enjoy and keep going without beating up your joints (this last part is more important than you may think). If p90x fits that description, then keep it up!

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 07-25-2009 at 11:26 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote