View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 04:54 PM   #22
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Fact No. 11: None of the above statistics apply to Americans who can't afford health care in the first place.
You mean like the ones that go to Parkland and get free healthcare?

I understand some people don't get treated for various reasons, but you will not convince me that people don't get taken care of when needed.

Both of my sons, born in 1990 and 1991 were delivered when we had no insurance, and we didn't pay a dime.

In 2002, I tore my ACL and I was underinsured...but I had surgery to clean out the loose cartlidge and deal with the recovery. again I didn't pay a dime.

I have had insurance through the companies I've worked for, and purchased individual/family coverage at around $300 per month.

I've gone without insurance, and even spent time in the military and received military medical services.

All this to say, that today we have the best if not one of the best Health Care Services in the entire world. People have opportunities to be seen and receive care if needed...yes, even those who don't have the financial means to do so.

Free care and Military care, still came at a price...waiting, not as great of a bed side manner, etc...

Meanwhile care via Insurance, where I've chosen who and where, has been filled with bells and whistles. (Better room, virtually hotel like, better food, better bedside manner, etc...)

This push by the Democrats and President Obama is playing on people's empathy and fears. It's very misleading if not down right lies to the American People.

The more people become DEPENDANT on the Government, the less freedom that people will have.

Let's remember the President and all politicians work for us the People. The People are in charge, we are the bosses...it's time that we stand up and take the lead by reminding these politicians who they work for.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote