View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 07:10 PM   #451
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
There's nothing to debate on this subject -- of course the government does all kinds of crap to dissidents. There are ample examples of dissident groups that had just about as many undercover FBI agents as actual members. Very recently a member of some anarchist, SDS type of group outed an army mole in their ranks...I'm talking a few weeks ago.

Smear campaigns, punative IRS audits....common as dirt.

edit....

A point Noam Chomsky makes often (and I think it's an interesting and valid point, obviously) is that the Watergate break-in was a crime of a very, very common kind. Nixon's plumbers and others were doing this sort of thing regularly to all sorts of political groups....it only caused a stir when they did it to the dems.
Wonder what old Noam has to say about Barry's little red list. I haven't heard much from him lately.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote