View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 08:00 PM   #452
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Completely agree. My theory is that they genuinely believe America is now predominantly anti-Republican and they'll have a permanent majority. Thus, in casting every dissent as part of the Bush/Limbaugh/Republican camp, they hope to marginalize opposing views without even having to address the merits.

I believe they simply deployed it way too early. ........

I was younger at the time, so I didn't pay much attention to politics, but I think Clinton was solidly on this very path of building broad support. If he had only kept his peepee at home, things could have been very different.

Oh well, here's hoping for a viable third party!
Actually, Clinton's first term was a disaster. He also rammed spending through with zero Republicans voting for the bill. But Bush the Elder wasn't despised like W, or at least $39 and a webpage didn't make you a journalist. He lost both Houses and spent much of his reelection tour semi-apologizing and promising to do better. He was lucky the Repugs kept the string of running old, barely animated zombies for Prez with Bob Dole.

Newbies always blow it by not having people who understand how stuff works in the machine at a top level. Whatever you think of Rove and Cheney, they knew where the switches are located and W. enjoyed a really productive run with getting taxcuts and no child left behind, got our Spy plane folks out of China, with a small Dem majority in each House.

Clinton lost Congress over Hillary-care. They cared more about getting another term. Go figure.

I've never seen a whole group of people at the highest level of a Party be so condescending and dismissive of people they need.
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote