View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 09:49 PM   #454
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
yet barney frank isn't the author of the bill, nor is he a co-sponsor, he is not on either of the committees that are working on the bill.

tell me, where in the bill is there a reference to a single payer system, or any mechanism to establish a single payer system?

you won't be able to find anything about a single payer system because the bill establishes a multi payer system. it does not replace the existing providors, it suppliments the existing providors.

let's deal with the facts. the facts are the bill is not a single payer system.
I think you're missing Barney Frank's point. He's saying exactly this: there is no mention of 'single-payer system' because that will doom the legislation. Instead, by leaving that explicitly out of the legislation, they will have the best option of achieving it later on by what sounds like a bait-and-switch. He's selling it to pro-single-payer advocates as Step 1 to the master plan. Asking for the words "single-payer" as a conclusive test of Congress's intentions is entirely disingenuous.

I'd like to believe you that Mr. Frank is totally off his rocker and the only person in Congress who believes this. Really, I would. But I don't. I guess that means you'll continue to ignore it, and I will continue to hear it echo in my head like a bad song.

As for Obama's comments and his true intentions, I would also really like to believe you that his 2008-present comments in a hostile environment in which he is attacked by both Clinton and the Republicans from opposite sides is more indicative of his true intentions than his 2003 comments in a friendly environment while stumping for a friend, where no one attacks what he says and he can speak his mind. I think it would be significantly easier if he would have just said he changed his mind, or he's heard the will of the people and chosen to represent their wishes. But he insists on pitching the divergent statements as inherently consistent.

If you're right, I'll feel bad for having been so suspicious and contrarian, and if I'm right, you'll be shocked and appalled at the deception by all the Democrats. Cause the Democrats have enough control of Congress to pass whatever they want.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote