View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 10:27 PM   #478
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
so you are a person who justifies illegal conduct by what others did?

why, there are people who break the law, so why shouldn't I do the same? "dad, all the other kids are doing it..."

not only ridiculous, but also exhibiting a complete lack of a moral/ethical compass.
No I'm saying after 9-11 when we had weapons grade Anthrax showing up in the mail, people dying and buildings needing to be decontaminated, it was unacceptable for the UN to allow Saddam to limit access. I hope you are trolling, otherwise you missed the actual total events.

What's ridiculous was the oil for food bribes that had Saddam comfortable enough to do that. What's ridiculous is people blowing off he went to the UN twice to get them to do the job they agreed to. He warned Saddam several times and gave him the 11th hour exile route.

But what's really ridiculous is your logic. This is more like I call the cops repeatedly and ask them to checkout a threat to my family over a period of months and they refuse to do so, despite clear evidence of law breaking and beyond any doubt it was willful. I'm going to act if all the other avenues, that are supposed to work and are literally spelled out were given repeated chances and refused. Saddam and the UN were much more culpable and could have stopped it several times. This was the cops getting money to look the other way. Maybe at that point you wouldn't step up to protect the people that depended on you, but I would. And I expect most people would agree and support that moral and ethical compass, while yours would be contemptable.

There is no reason for Saddam to deny inspectors access unless was hiding or attempting to give the impression he had those weapons. He admitted it himself. There was no reason for the UN to refuse to act. None.

Stating Bush just up and rolled into Baghdad is wrong. Your simplistic argument ignores so many other facts and conditions, I hope you were embarrassed typing it.

Maybe this might help:

http://www.aesops-fables.org.uk/aeso...his-mother.htm

You can continue to believe Bush was the devil and conveniently ignore both the UN and Saddam had simply refused to do their part. You can ignore Anthrax or jump on the Bush sent it so he could make his buddies richer, revenge his Daddy, blood for oil blathering. Or you can stay in the shallow end with the simpletons over this. How many other situations can you issue a "stop or I'll say stop again" that leads to disaster? This isn't a complex social and psychological concept. You can't house train your dog, make you kids respect curfews manage employees or coach softball. You are setting expectations. See Aesop.

He refused to let the UN short circuit our security interests. Many of the countries on the security council, and the Secretary General were The evidence is irrefutable and goes far beyond your simple ethical morality premise, "since they did it we can". What's missing is your ability to have your intellectual compass move more than a degree either way.
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote