View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 09:24 AM   #21
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbwinn View Post
Even in the stone ages when I was in school, vegetables were served with all meals. We didn't have breakfast at school back then. You ate breakfast at home. I don't think I ate a lot of vegetables for breakfast. But, anyway, the school meals always had vegetables...

so, the arguement you are making is without basis if you are saying that vegetables are missing in school lunches.
uh, no, the "arguement" (sic) that I'm putting forth is the schools should be providing healthy lunches, and vegetables are a basic item in healthy eating.

I actually posted above "I can't believe that the school lunchroom is void of vegetable dishes". you must have missed that.

Quote:
The article was not making the arguement you are making. the article was stating that a Vegan meal had to be an option. If you know what that means, then you understand that your arguement is not the same as the article (or the group's arguement in that silly ad). Vegans believe that meat should not be served. Thus, a Vegan meal would be all vegetables including those with protein as a substitute for meat.

That is entirely different and would constitute a significant increase in the bill for food at school. Vegan meat substitutes are not so cheap...
odd, I know several vegans, and they don't try to prevent other people from using or consuming animal products, they just practice veganism themselves. they might go off on a rant every now and then, yet they don't campaign about "meat should not be served".

I don't believe you understand the difference between a vegan and a vegetarian......
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote