View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 10:42 PM   #14
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
Without doubt. Is there something any individual can do about it -- without making waves?

Doesn't mean I trust anyone, especially the gov though.

You pay the price, or you make waves. At what point the waves start getting made is a good question.
That ties in to a question recently asked of me by a friend. She pointed me to an article citing the growth of a militia movement in the US (not completely separated from a white supremacist movement, for what that's worth), and said she couldn't figure out whether this is a good or a bad thing.

I answered that it depends on how much stomach you have for a civil war. (I didn't mention it, but I'm pretty sure that the opposition would lose that civil war.)

There are some things you can't get around. And one of those things is the US government. Even if you don't like it--even if you flat out, revolutionary style, HATE IT--you still can't get around it.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote