View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 08:28 AM   #18
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
That ties in to a question recently asked of me by a friend. She pointed me to an article citing the growth of a militia movement in the US (not completely separated from a white supremacist movement, for what that's worth), and said she couldn't figure out whether this is a good or a bad thing.

I answered that it depends on how much stomach you have for a civil war. (I didn't mention it, but I'm pretty sure that the opposition would lose that civil war.)

There are some things you can't get around. And one of those things is the US government. Even if you don't like it--even if you flat out, revolutionary style, HATE IT--you still can't get around it.
Very true. You can't get around the US Gov. The question is, who is the US Gov, and can that change. The answer is the people and public sentiment can change.

You state that the opposition would lose that civil war --- who is the opposition when it comes to civil war. Both sides are from within. There is never a winner in civil war - just a huge loss of life. In Iraq's civil war, who won? Sunni, Shiite, Kurd? In the end, lots of loss of life -- no real winners. Eventually a foreign country came in and basically took over the country. Then all of them were at the mercy of the foreign country. The US basically gave it back to keep them from uniting and kicking us out anyway (eventually years down the road it would have happened).

Now, why are we getting closer and closer to civil war? Taxation and lack of representation. In other words, we are sending more and more, but getting our way less and less.

If we do get to the point of civil war ---- do you think maybe Russia, China, or Iran might want to come take over, after we have destroyed many of our assets.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote