View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 08:37 PM   #20
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Credible View Post
It baffles me how much Mavericks fans hate their own players. Has Josh Howard done some incredibly stupid things? Of course he has.. But he's also been the catalyst to success in the present Dallas team. I'm not saying that he's a superstar, but I'm saying that he's a tier 2 player in the current NBA and yet people act like he's.. Devean George.

It's kind of like Jason Kidd.. So many people here still whine about the Devin Harris trade, even after Kidd averages 9 assists per game last season and offers the leadership that we were severely lacking.

Not a complaint, just seems goofy..
I think it´s not so much about hating our own players (in this case Josh). It´s more about liking Gasol and his huge potential. He can be a legit center in this league for the next 10 years. Of course I´m going to trade a 30 year old SG/SF who´s not really special for Gasol. If we got Gasol for Howard we could easily turn one of our still untouched trade chips into a legit SG and that would give us a starting five of Kidd, SG, Matrix, Dirk, Gasol.

That said I don´t think Josh is enough to fetch Gasol (and of course we´d have to take back other contracts too).

Last edited by Fidel; 08-17-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote