View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 11:20 AM   #31
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
the previous insurer received premiums over the course of the coverage but avoided the payout when it was needed.
Was the insurer receiving premiums when the person became ill in your example?

Quote:
cobra ends in month 18 of unemployment. ex-employee becomes ill in month 20
apparently not....what's your point?

Quote:
no providor will take this person on, they don't have to.
Of course no insurance company would do such a thing, that would be amazingly foolish...

....kind of like: I just wrecked my car and it's going to cost $5,000 to fix, will you pay the $5,000 if I agree to give you $500?

Any takers on this deal?

The funny thing, and this is what I was trying to get across to KG, is that people expect insurance companies to behave in a manner which would drive them out of business immediately. When the insurance companies don't behave in a wreckless and foolish manner these goofy people think this is some indication of a problem.