View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 11:35 AM   #35
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
The answer is to disconnect health insurance from employment, offer a tax credit that makes it more affordable, and then let the patient purchase the coverage that they need/want.

I suspect the effect of the tax credit would be to bid the prices up so it's not all that necessary. Other than that, I absolutely agree.

Quote:
When you pay in advance to shift risk, that's insurance. When you shift the financial burden the way it's being described by the "reformers", it's called welfare.
Welfare!! That's the term I've been looking for to describe what people mistakenly use "insurance" these days.

Last edited by alexamenos; 08-20-2009 at 11:36 AM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote