View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 08:19 PM   #1
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default NFL Sunday Ticket (and other options)

OK... So, as a lot of you know, I lived in Temple for many years and recently moved to Nashville for work. I bleed silver and blue and just CAN'T live without my Cowboy games, SO... With that said, what options do I have other than changing over to DirecTV to get their NFL Sunday Ticket?

I had DirecTV about 10 years ago and I hated their guide and the way the service would crap out when it rained. When I came across Time Warner I loved them and kept them until I just recently left the area. They of course didn't have NFL Sunday Ticket, but I didn't need it where I lived as I got those games for free. Now, I will need NFL, NBA, and MLB, (I already ordered MLB for the Rangers with my current cable company).

I just went on DirecTV's site and they have a cool enough deal running right now but they have all of these extra fees I am not used to, (6 per month to friggin call for support if THEIR shit doesn't work - really?), and really just unwilling to pay. It seems like I will end up paying 40% more for about 10% more TV channels. Yeah, more HD, but so what. I have the HD channels now that I need for the most part so why pay 40% more for 10% more usage if I don't have to.

Really, I guess I am looking for options. Is there a site I can sign up for to watch the games online? Any other options with cable companies? Any good bar you know that definitely signs up for DirecTV that I might work out a deal with to eat there every Sunday to have them turn one TV on a Cowboys game? Anything at all???

I did search the threads so sorry if this was already out there but most of the stuff was at least a year old and, with technology, I thought maybe something else was out there I wasn't aware of. You would think I would be more in the know being that I am in a technical field, but damn it if I have time to research stuff like this.

HELP!!!