View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 04:00 PM   #4
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
I can't get my link to work...but what I was offended by, was the organization listed in the article who was calling and pushing advertisers to boycott.

What we have is a Pro-Obama organization unwilling to have open discussion and then using tactics similar to those of ACORN to intimidate and effectively force companies to act according to how they want them to.

Can you imagine if someone called "Racism" against a white person, and a group started calling on to boycott the one calling racism?

What a double standard. Rather than take Glen Beck on and sort through what he says, they choose to take on the tactic of hate. Typical of the left, so I'm not surprised, but I am disappointed not to find someone from the left willing to take a more intelectual approach to a discussion...of course that would require an open minded attitude and a willingness to listen to Glenn Beck and his views.

I'll be the first to say that I'm not comfortable with hearing President Obama called a Racist...like I said, I don't know if he is or isn't, I don't know the guy. That being said, it's fair to look at his actions and see how some may come to that conclusion...I would rather say that I disagree with his policies and political views.

In the same way that I disagree with these advertisers boycotting Glenn Beck's show and this other organization using hatefilled tactics to try and shut down the voice of an American and many of his listeners.
"open discussion"??? are you kidding? just what "open discussion" are we supposed to have about beck saying that obama has "a deep-seated hatred for white people."

that's not worthy of a "discussion". it's an inflammatory and indefensible statement.

one can disagree with another but this type of lowbrow commentary should be repudiated, and that's exactly what the advertisers are doing, they are saying their advertsing money is not going to aid a person who says outlandish and ignorant statements.

this is not analygous to any actions like acorn. it is what an advertiser should do when the show their product appears on crosses the line, to do nothing is to support the behavior of beck.

beck needs to be held accountable.

Last edited by Mavdog; 08-24-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote