View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 11:26 AM   #18
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I watch Glenn Beck just about every day on DVR, in between catching up on Ice Road Truckers, Food Network shows, etc. I generally think he's pretty awesome, but you gotta realize that his schtick is that he's a circus clown. He's all over the place. It's his style. I no more give a damn about him saying Obama has a deep seated hatred for white people than I do Kanye West saying George Bush hates black people. Entertainers have opinions. Whatever. Advertisers can do what they want.

I don't think Obama hates white people, but I do have some inkling based on his various associations and ideologies that he does have some gutteral sense of "sticking it to The Man," and we all know what color The Man is. But he could just as easily feel that way and be white (lots of white people want to stick it to The Man, too, you know).

Anyway, about this Glenn Beck comment. The thing with Beck is that even when he extrapolates off into outer space for some of his opinions, he connects all the dots. He takes you through his thought process. Maybe you go all the way to the destination with him or you get off on a stop halfway through. Whatever.

So the difference with this "Obama deep-seated hatred for white people" thing is that, as far as I can tell, he didn't play any connect the dots with it, he just said it.

Also, unlike everything else he says that's outrageous - he didn't say it on his own show, nor did he even address it on his own show.

So I dunno. Part of me thinks he was pulling a stunt, e.g. "watch me say this and watch how the mainstream media treats it, versus how they treated 'Bush is a killer.'" Or, it was a morning show and he was sleep deprived and didn't even know what he was saying.

But something's up because it's the one thing he hasn't sat down and said "here's what I said and here's why I said it." Those of you who generally don't agree with Glenn Beck probably don't watch him enough to know, so I'm telling you - the guy literally connects the dots on every out-there thing he says, no matter how out there it is. Except for this. So for me that makes it really weird.

Also, 92bDad, please don't quote this post and agree with me on anything I said.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote