View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 12:05 PM   #3
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Why can't this be an internal non-public function?

Why does everything have to have a public spectacle?

Internal Affairs police's the police.

UCMJ covers the military.

Can we not deal with CIA, FBI or other government agencies through internal investigations and prosecutions that are only open to those with clearance for a need to know basis...or family members?

We see clearl that public opinion is rather fickel and in many cases highly emotional with little room for rational processing of data.

I suppose I view this as I do Sports Officials (Referees) Let the leagues handle the discipline in-house, this is not a public concern...outside of doing that it is being taken care of.

Personally, I don't want my CIA personnel to be gun shy out of more concern for the ACLU than they are for the safety of Americans.

At some point we have to have some level of faith that these organizations that deal with highly sensitive security issues, not to mention highly volatile international events are in good hands and are following some very core precepts.

The more public we make these groups, the less effective they become.

It's as if the ACLU and others of similar stances are more concerned about the rights of Criminals than they are the safety of those who protect us from criminals.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote