View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 12:37 PM   #22
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

What rather amusing is that when one comments from their own view, their own perspective...they are labeled as if they don't know anything, ofter times asked for links or references.

When one uses references and links, they are accused of just spreading the message of others without having their own ideas.

Which is typical...rather than stick to the messenger, the attempt is to discredit the messengers.

These boards are a place to have some dialogue about anything. We are not politicians making policy, but rather we are citizens either benefiting or suffering consequences of the policies that are produced by these politicians.

What this board has done for me is help to build up my own values and beliefs...mostly through voices of those who disagree with my views.

I've learned that I hate labels...Conservative, Liberal, Republican, Democrat, Independant, Racist, etc... I wish beyond anything that we could move beyond labels...however, I ask, how do we discuss topics without some cases going back to a label?

Not to mention, how much time/resources would we have to spend to go through each politician individually as well as each issue individually...thus the reason we fall back on labels.

Thus it's clear to me:

I believe in the following:

* Less Federal Government - in other words I believe in State's Rights first
* I believe in the private sector and that it is the best way for individuals to succeed.
* I believe in supporting those in need, but not enabling them
* I belive in faith based life...but also that it is a choice. I don't believe the government should mandate faith, nor do I believe they should disallow faith (ie, adults praying in school)
* I believe in life established at conception and support the rights of the child...I believe the choice was made when the man and the woman chose to have sex. I believe there are exceptions as a result of crime and that they should and can be dealt with on a case by case basis. However, I support Life in those cases as well...it's my individual choice.
* I believe that we have a media system that is out of control, but I don't have any ideas on how to change this.
* I believe that we are too busy pointing fingers and casting blame while not bringing about solutions or being willing to submit to solutions that we may not agree with.
* I believe we need to take GREAT care when policies are being presented to people that you can't take back. The recent medical issue...there is overwhelming proof that this paves the way to more government...in other words, if this moves forward then we let the cat out of the bag and we are stuck with the consequences one way or another. I'm concerned that this administration is rushing to move these policies through as the negative of these policies will only happen after they are no longer in office.
* I believe that we are all created with an equal opportunity to succeed in this country, regardless of age, color, sex, creed or otherwise.
* I believe we can at times become our own worst enemy.
* I believe in Creationism over Evolution

We can probably break things down into some very basic core values.

Posters like Mavdog, I have great respect for!!! I disagree with Mavdog's views but I respect the opinions and the right to voice them.

The day any of us become too scared to post an opinion is the day that this nation loses it's grasp of freedom.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote