View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 04:01 PM   #26
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
so if it is "really wierd", do you think he wants to sweep it under the rug and hope it goes away?
Yeah. That's the most likely scenario to me. About this same time he was having a psychologist on the show a lot, after the Gates thing, I think, talking about blacks/whites/police/perceptions/fears/etc.. and I think he had this little moment of thinking he was Sigmund Freud that he now regrets.

Either that or he's got some logical path by which he thinks he can prove what he said is true, but it's so convoluted that he's sitting on it and waiting to reveal it after a bunch of research, in which case anything that convoluted isn't going to be believable anyway. His tin foil hat is on pretty tight, but I dunno if it's that tight.

That being said, I think some tin-foil-hat distrust of authority is badly needed in American right now and that's why I think Beck is awesome. Also, his book Common Sense is far nearer to planet Earth than his show.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote