View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 12:28 AM   #8
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

It's politically motivated because of the following reasons. Read 'em forward and then step through them backwards, and you'll see why it appears to be politically motivated.

1. Obama said he wouldn't look into prosecuting past mistakes. Looking forward.
2. Timing. Left is taking a hit on no-huddle offense, C&T, Health Care, clunkers, czars, not reading bills, astroturf, etc.
3. This is an issue that conservatives can't win on because...
a) Misconduct a byproduct of unpopular/mismanaged war(s)
b) Idea that public investigations harm national security/intelligence gathering is indirect and abstract, so by and large the broader population doesn't buy it
c) In spite or because of b, still a large segment of the population who'll believe that doing wrong is doing wrong, and gov't officials, moreso than anybody need to be strung up in public for it.

So if you've got an issue on your hands that suits the criteria of #3, and the current climate fits #2, so you're willing to go against the statment you made in #1.. then yeah. It starts to sound politically driven.

I don't necessarily disagree with 3c myself. I'm sick of people abusing power, I don't care who they are. At this point, so what if it gives us a black eye internationally and makes gathering intelligence more difficult. Our intelligence gathering obviously wasn't that great to begin with, and politicians, bureaucrats and appointees on both sides of the aisle need to start taking some big falls for the crap they consistently pull.

Almost everyone in DC has become arrogant and power obsessed anyway. Time for us to cut them down to size. Let the parties continue assail each other in public, it'll help reinforce the obvious that 90% of them are corrupt and worthless.

Last edited by Rhylan; 08-26-2009 at 12:39 AM.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote