View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 10:00 AM   #11
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
This wasn't really your main point, and I like what else you wrote, but this is a bit of a red herring.
Well, it was late and I wasn't being as verbose as I could've been... essentially what I was trying to say is that any time anyone breaks a story on what the CIA did or didn't do wrong in the process of gathering intelligence, a good portion of the right cries foul with the usual "talking about this harms national security!"

All I'm saying is that people who live in glass houses can't throw stones. Intelligence gathering isn't a sacred cow. If you're not perfect to begin with, and you screw up and cross a line beating people or threatening someone's family or whatever, then you deserve to be undercut a little bit, I think. That's life.

And as usual Chum doesn't read well - nowhere did I advocate dissolving either party. My point was, they're already 99% focused on just pissing on each other and swapping power, so let them keep cutting each other down and exposing each other's dirty laundry. The worse it gets on both sides, the more likely there will be more public demand for "outsider" candidates from both sides, which is what we need more of.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote