View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 01:15 PM   #9
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

NBA should go back to the 2-referee system, and enact changes to minimize the effect of referees on games.

As for whether the 'replacement officials' ('scab' is such an ugly word) will feell freer to call a straight game--maybe, maybe not. However, unless the league backs replacement officials to the same extent it does the regular ones (i.e. upholding technicals and ejections and suspensions), I would expect to see some veteran players aggressively challenging replacement officials, knowing that they will only have to face them for a few games at most. I remember the last time the NBA had replacement officials seeing Maurice Lucas (who was doing a little stint with the Lakers at the time) actually grab an official's arm to keep him from calling a technical.

You know what they say: no arm, no foul.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote