View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 11:54 PM   #1992
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Last night I bought "Planet Earth" on bluray.... I'm 30 minutes into it and it's already worth the money. Amazing.
That's quality. Though....I wish they'd make more. I've seen them on the Discovery channel too many times now. I need more amazing HD footage.

Still, it makes you appreciate what an oddity the Earth is. In this little sliver of time, in this tiny instant of the course of the universe, with the earth being between major planetary events and being the exact right distance from the Sun, a mere 500 million years away from the Suns luminosity killing everything on the planet... It's a beautiful, crazy, and for all we know, unique thing. The Discovery channel and BBC did an amazing job conveying the awesomeness of this fleeting creation.