View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 09:26 AM   #4
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

This like any other media forum, is a way to provide information which will help people gain a greater understanding in time for the next election, as well as our day to day governing.

Look we all know, those who support one side or the other will not change their views...however there are enough folks who catch bits and pieces of press coverage and thus this is a venue to read opinions and views from NON-Media people who share a common interest (The Mavs)

Albeit, most of us are linking or quoting articles...it helps to have healthy debate within our Mavs community.

That being said, it's interesting the level of attacking that takes place on this and other anonomous boards, versus the tact that is used on my own Facebook page. On Facebook, I know people face to face rather than just some cyber stranger. I have a very close friend from my HS days who is an Obama supporter. We have a great time together, while we continue to have healthy debates on our page.

What I find are many folks with closet political views...afraid to speak their mind because they don't want to hurt friendships.

My hope is that through the various methods of exchange we can find a healthy way to communicate, not just with those who agree with us, but also with those who disagree.

Again, disagreement is what makes America great!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote