Thread: NY Post 9/11
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 07:55 PM   #7
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
glad someone else said it....after the beatles thing, I'm trying to be less contrarian.

Seems like a bad time to point out the extraordinary incompetence of our military on 9/11, when 19 guys with box cutters trumped the biggest military on earth....i mean jesus h christ, how many billions of dollars do we have to spend to buy a military that can protect its own headquarters from some schmuck from seat 18 b?
Our Military and many of our defenses were built to protect us from sovereign countries and their armadas. While I find certain aspects of the policies down right distasteful and think it's inconsistent to leave borders practically open while pitching the need for the Patriot Act, it was a pretty graphic statement that National Borders and the prior definition of armed forces was woefully outdated. Or maybe it was just the concept of criminality and acts of war.

Disposable cell phones and email make the old staking out the postal box and tapping landlines a dubious tactic. You can use a Starbucks or some neighbors unprotected wireless to transfer funds or have an international video conference that requires no airline tickets or passport stamps.

We're like a bunch of juiced up Golds Gym freaks that can lift the back of a dump truck but can't lift our arms over our heads to stop a bowling ball dropped from the roof from fracturing our skulls.
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote