Thread: eurobasket 2009
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 02:14 PM   #24
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Spain crushed Greece 82 - 64.

N.Calathes showed once more a solid effort, this time in extended playing time. Good passing skills, good ball handling(only one TO, a Rubio-steal, in 24min), solid defense, but no efficient scorer, although he managed to be his teams second leading scorer with 10 points on 4/10 shooting, along with 4 rebounds(3 Off.), 2 assists and 2 steals.

here's his eurobasket player-page:

http://www.eurobasket2009.org/en/cid...rID_70924.html

Quote:
In March, he declared himself for the draft but, unhappy with his 45th pick, he chose to sign a 3-year deal (for supposedly €2.1 million) with Panathinaikos. He received his Greek passport on June 30th. His foot speed is solid but his athleticism is a concern.
this is news to me, as I was under the impression he signed a one year deal.
Financially, 3years/2,1million doesn't sound like a far superior offer.

Serbia plays Slovenia right now, to determine the second finalist.
I hope Serbia advances, as they have shown in their opener that Spain is beatable, although I'm not very optimistic about their chances of repeating that.

Last edited by mavErika; 09-19-2009 at 02:16 PM.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote