View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 06:42 AM   #77
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Romo did what everyone wanted him to. He didn't take many chances, threw high percentage throws, fell forwards when he knew he was about to be sacked. He let the running game do their thing, and when if it sputtered, he bailed them out.

I like that he took off several times just to get positive yardage on the play, rather than lobbing a pass downfield or trying to squeeze a pass into double coverage. Romo certainly isn't Vince Young (thank God...) but he's an good athlete and he can make some plays with his feet past the line of scrimmage from time to time.

Felix is just amazingly talented, but his effectiveness depends on his ability to stay healthy. I still hold out hope that he's just been getting unlucky, because I don't hearing anything about him being injury prone coming out of college, but if not, Felix's role is going to be severely limited each game, just in the attempt to keep him healthy for a longer stretch of games.

He also needs to improve pass protection.

Does anyone think that maybe Jenkins just won the starting job last night? I'd be fine with that.

We saw a lot less of Bennett tonight, especially split out wide. I think that's for two reasons, the first being that he's been a non-factor in the passing game. The second reason, though, is because he's been such a non-factor in the passing game, he not effecting the run game either. He really needs to go out and put up a solid game soon or that TE will lose its uniqueness, and become just another mauler run formation. If Bennett can't catch passes, then it makes more sense to use John Phillips in that formation, who is a better blocker, or Cricket if he's not on the field.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote