View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 12:30 AM   #2
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Artest downplays Cuban's comments

Artest said he was told about Mark Cuban's comments by his "Twitter friends," in which the Dallas Mavericks owner suggested that Artest would upset the Lakers' chemistry.

"I talked to Kobe [Bryant] about it," Artest said. "He said that's what happens when you're a Laker."

In an ESPN radio interview in Dallas, Cuban said: "Could you imagine? Ron Artest has got the ball and Kobe's standing there, 'Throw me the ball.' Thank you, Ron Artest."

Artest viewed Cuban's comments as entertainment.

"As long as you can play basketball, work hard, come to work every day, get your training in, get your extra work in, I think it's important that the fans get entertained," Artest said. "It's important that Mark Cuban says stuff like that. It's great for the fans. It's something to read and it keeps it interesting.

"Nobody is really getting hurt. It's just words. I think the fans like that. That's why I love this game."
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,2107463.story

I guess that's a good thing to hear that Artest doesn't hold a grudge against Cuban (if he's not just smart enough to hide his anger). No need for extra-motivation at their "home-opener"(they play the Clippers on Oct.27), and unlike K-Mart we've seen him go into the stands before.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote