Thread: The Obama Boom.
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 09:57 AM   #335
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
30% vacancy rate? you are so far from the facts, it's...well, it's funny.

and btw individual taxes have been reduced, not increased, for 9 out of 10 taxpayers.
The 30% rate is something I heard on the news...sorry, but I don't have a link, nor the time to google it...but I can tell you from traveling to many U.S. Cities for my business, that empty retail sites are everywhere, and 30% is more than plausible.

As for you tax reduction that you claim...does that mean that our Government is taking in less money, thus they are sensitive to the budget and spending less money.

Prove to me that the Obama Administration and this congress is actually coming in UNDER budget and I will list it as one of the positives for his administration.

Remember, spending more money that you have, doesn't mean you have a reduction...sooner or later, the bill will be due.

By the way, did anyone catch the bit about a Superintendent for the Cincinatti school district. (I forget the name), but he created a 900,000 dollar surplus, but going out and asking/accepting donations of goods from companies and facilities that were closing down. Basically stocking up furniture and other resources to be used within the school system. Acquiring some 2-3 Million Dollars worth of goods, that may not have otherwise been purchased...all for FREE.

Now I don't know his views or anything about him or his school system...thus I would like to get more information about this guy, but 1st impression was extremely positive and I would be interested on how other school systems can adopt some of what he has done to make their own systems better for the students?

I share this as an example of someone in government who has found a way to spend LESS. Imagine if everyone in the government had this perspective...then we could effectively REDUCE taxes, even in a down economy.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote