Thread: The Obama Boom.
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #338
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
The 30% rate is something I heard on the news...sorry, but I don't have a link, nor the time to google it...but I can tell you from traveling to many U.S. Cities for my business, that empty retail sites are everywhere, and 30% is more than plausible.
maybe you listen to the wrong news sources...

I can tell with complete confidence, as retail real estate is my business, there is no 30% vacancy factor. on average the us shopping center vacancy rate is around 9.7%, with enclosed regional malls at arounf 8.4%. there are, and there always has been, properties which are 30% or more vacant, and there are, and always have been, properties that are 100% occupied. but again, the shopping center market is not 30% vacant.

edit: no, there is not a "30% increase in the vacancy rate", as underdog pointed out there are more vacant retail spaces. the vacancy rate is up about 10-12%. the decrease in consumer spending and the over building of retail space has impacted the shopping center industry. real estate is cyclical, it goes thru this type of adjustment every decade or so. this one is larger and more pervasive than in the last 25 years, but it's just how cycles happen.

Quote:
As for you tax reduction that you claim...does that mean that our Government is taking in less money, thus they are sensitive to the budget and spending less money.
there was a tax reduction made as a part of the stimulus package, and the marginal rates have not increased.

Quote:
Prove to me that the Obama Administration and this congress is actually coming in UNDER budget and I will list it as one of the positives for his administration.
odd, who do you believe is making that claim? everybody knows (at least anybody who has credible news sources...) that there is a deficit in federal accounts.

Quote:
Remember, spending more money that you have, doesn't mean you have a reduction...sooner or later, the bill will be due.
??? the point is that taxes have not increased, which is completely opposite of what you posted, which was
our government is trying to increase the tax burden on Americans
you're wrong. taxes today are less for 9 out of 10 americans.

Last edited by Mavdog; 10-09-2009 at 11:10 AM.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote