View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 06:15 PM   #250
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Jawai doesnt have anything now and he isnt a great prospect for the future either. He doesnt have great size for a center and his athleticism is below par. He can improve conditioning to be at least on par with NBA players but he will still lack any sort of physical gift that would make him promising.

As it is he has a bullish game that depends on outmuscling his opponent. The only problem is that in the NBA he isnt all that comparatively strong and he will be called for offensive fouls almost every time for pushing off. He may be called baby Shaq, but Shaq had unbelievable footwork and dexterity (plus amazing size) as well as getting in good with refs for all the BS call he got in his prime.

I like Jawai and I want him to succeed but I'm 100% certain he isnt a right-now guy (what can he contribute this year?) and I'm 99% certain he will never be a contributing Mavs player. M'Benga at least had size and athleticism. Jawai just seems like a nice doughy guy that is destined to play well in foreign leagues.

And as SS said, if he had shown anything in practice he most certainly would have been given more minutes to showcase. Voskuhl has played 8 mpg in 4 games. Beaubois who we want to showcase has been given 13.6mpg in 5 games. Jawai has seen the floor for 8minutes and has only been seen in one game (of all the meaningless pre-season games)

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-18-2009 at 07:02 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote