Thread: The Obama Boom.
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 04:35 PM   #365
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

My purpose for the statement that I wrote a page back, wasn't about the shedding of blood for blindly following the government. It was to get people to understand that freedom's come with a price (that price is blood).

If the police won't arrest someone for raping and killing -- if they aren't willing to offer their blood if the case arise -- then you live or die by the whim of the powerful. Women are second class in some countries -- because men will not say no and offer their blood to make sure that the physically weaker sex is not made into a second class citizen. This country has a history with slavery for the same reason.

The cost of freedom is blood. Heck, if firemen weren't willing to risk their lives - then we would have more burnings. Life as we live; it costs.

I am not talking about whether we as Americans should be in any other country or blindly follow the government to any war. That is a totally different situation -- but if the Iraq people want freedom -- it costs blood. If the North Koreans want freedom, it will cost blood. It may be American blood or Russian, Chinese, or Iranian blood, but it will cost blood, and the biggest givers will be wherever the battles are fought.

If Iraq wants to stay a democracy with the limited "freedom" we have given them (and the possibility of a larger freedom ongoing), then they will have to be willing to give blood.

When people stop standing up for what is right, and they get scared, and get to the point of not being willing to give blood --- then they become slaves in one form or another.

There is a reason that "give me liberty or give me death" was made famous.

You may believe that every war/skirmish we have been in since the civil war was wrong, and maybe it was -- but until we lose greed, envy, etc and start following the ways of Jesus, then you cannot have that type of peace. Everyone will have to learn to be selfless instead of selfish, and always wanting more.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote