View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 09:07 PM   #86
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbwinn View Post
Now, come on Chumdawg, Mary, and Mavdog: surely one of you can start debating real issues of philosophy and economics with me.

None of you touched this:

Tell me how you view our current 233 year old democratic republic and where you think we are in the above cycle. Or, if you reject the application of the above cycle to the current situation, then defend that position. Join me in real discussion now. You have called me a racist, sexist, and have told me to go f*ck myself. Now... talk

Lets call Master Obama for a beer and a discussion figuratively...
first, the date on "democracy in america" is off by over a decade.

second, the observations are accurate only in that voters have shown a propensity to elect those candidates who "bring home the pork". that is not handouts but economic opportunity in their home districts.

while many other nations have fallen victim to the concept which de toqueville speaks of, america has not.

obama did not campaign on a platform of largess, and obama has not changed that outlook in the policies of his administration.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote