View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 09:54 PM   #109
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Um...dude...this is kinda embarrassing, but you need some help with either your reading comprehension abilities, the depth of your vocabulary, or both. You completely misread, or misunderstood, what I wrote.

Here is Webster again, to help you out:

PROPERTY: 1 a : a quality or trait belonging and especially peculiar to an individual or thing ... d : an attribute common to all members of a class

Examples: the class of "letters in the English alphabet" and the class of "positive integers less than 27" are equal in terms of the property of size, or number. Something weighing a thousand pounds and something weighing half a ton are equal in terms of the property of weight. All American citizens--well, at least for the sake of argument here--are equal in terms of the property of having been guaranteed by the US Constitution the rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Evidently you thought I meant the secondary definition:

2 a : something owned or possessed; specifically : a piece of real estate

Go re-read the definition I gave you of "equality" and get back to the drawing board. I know you didn't mean any ill will by your glaring mistake, but I do want to be sure you get this right.

Last edited by chumdawg; 11-03-2009 at 10:00 PM.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote