View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 11:17 PM   #44
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I'm going to attempt this:

First of all...Dirk.

Damp was pretty darn good again tonight. Six blocks, really controlled the boards. And held his own against two players that are not exactly perfect matchups for him. Very impressive start to the season for the big man.

Kidd was nailing those threes tonight, and that was huge. And he had that huge, huge steal. But other than that? Wow he was bad. Horrible turnovers all over the place, messing up easy buckets with poorly places passes. He was not his normal self tonight.

Marion was also not his normal self tonight. He was effected by a few of Kidd's off target passes, but he was still missing shots he'll normally make. I didn't understand why we kept going to Marion in the post against Kirilenko. Marion is not a skilled post scorer. He gets by on his length and athleticism. So why do you ask him time and again to score over someone that matches him in those areas? Seemed odd.

Early on I thought we were going to see a return to form from Jet. But he went south quickly and made several dumb mistakes.

Barea was pretty meh as well tonight.

I thought Humphries was awful tonight. He was an absolute black hole on offense. He kept catching it on the baseline and looking for his shot despite having a team mate at 15 feet demanding the ball. Very frustrating.

So basically...Dirk. And a little Damp, and some huge moments from Kidd. But really....Dirk.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote