View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 12:02 AM   #23
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Honestly, out of everyone we acquired, Marion has been the most disappointing. Not the worst, but considering our expectations, I would say Marion has underachieved. He doesn't get as many easy buckets as I was led to believe, he's not an automatic score on fast breaks (although I would argue that the blame comes more on the passer, usually Kidd), and he sucks at dribbling and driving. He's been good, don't get me wrong, but he's not quite the highflying, constantly around the basket player I expected. At least, not as much as I expected..
Wow...I just cannot agree with this at all. The only thing the guy has underachieved imo with is staying healthy.

The dude hasn't attempted a 3. He's chipping in 13 ppg, 6.5 rpg and has very few plays run for him.

Take a look at his hotspots...they are closer in than tim duncan and almost anyone else I've ever seen. 98 of his 126 shots are directly in the paint.

I "might" agree with the high-flying stuff, but so what, he's DEFINITELY the constantly around the basket player...period.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote