View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 01:42 PM   #38
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktruth View Post
I think the top 5 players that you could put on the floor at any moment are as good as any team mentioned, which was largely due to bringing Marion. I also think we have a strong enough bench to stay competitive for those top 5 to do thier work.

But, beating LA in game 2 of the season isn't the same as beating them in a playoff game.

I also question the clutch ability of our team. Josh isn't and probably never will be a clutch player. Dirk is, JET is, Kidd is; I'm not sure about Marion. I'm not sure about Gooden. That's really the key question. When playoffs come and you're in an elimination game in the 4th quarter, do you have a glaring weakness. Do you have players that make mistakes. . . .

I'm still not at all comfortable with not having another servicable center.
JET sure didn't show up last year come playoff time...

However, he is very regular season clutch. And, hopefully the addition of Marion and of Gooden will either allow JET to get more open or make them pay if they do choose to double.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote